What We Do
Controlling the pet population.
Modelled after SpayAid PEI, SpayAid BC partners with veterinary hospitals to eliminate pet over-population in British Columbia by providing a spay/neuter assistance program for low-income earners.
Spay/neuter services are a vital part of the non-lethal solution to the stray, homeless, and abandoned pet crisis. The SpayAid BC program is one way that Paws for Hope is doing out part.
Each partner hospital provides a 33% discount off their spay and neuter procedures, the client pays $50 and Paws for Hope covers the remaining balance. Applicants must provide proof of total household income.
- Sechelt Animal Hospital
- Scottsdale Veterinary Hospital
- Guildford Animal Hospital
- Eagle Ridge Animal and Bird Hospital
- Burnaby Veterinary Hospital
- Hart Family Veterinary Clinic
- BC SPCA Hospital Vancouver
- BC SPCA Hospital Penticton
- Burns Lake Veterinary Clinic
- Buckley River Veterinary Services
- Vet to Pet Mobile Service
- Killarney Animal Hospital
- King George Veterinary Hospital
- Menzies Pet Hospital
- Fraser Valley Animal Hospital
- Inveremere Animal Hospital
- Queensborough Veterinary Hospital
- Seafair Animal Clinic
- Ironwood Animal Hospital
- Vanderhoof Veterinary Clinic
- Yaletown Pet Hospital
Eligibility & Application Info
SpayAid BC support is intended for low-income pet guardians and is limited to two pets for the lifetime of an individual. Applicants must provide proof of total household income.
<$25,000 in total yearly household income with 0 dependants
<$30,000 in total yearly household income with 1 dependant
<$35,000 in total yearly household income with 2 dependants
<$40,000 in total yearly household income with 3 dependants
<$45,000 in total yearly household income with 4 dependants
<$50,000 in total yearly household income with 5+ dependants
Each partner hospital provides a 33% discount off their spay and neuter procedures, the client pays $50 and Paws for Hope covers the remaining balance.
Become a partner
If you would like your hospital to become a participating partner in the Spay Aid BC program, please contact Kathy Powelson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor a spay
A single $100 donation will sponsor one pet’s surgery. Make a donation today.
Phone: 778-991-SPAY (7729)